One of the most important strategies to catch up the current global knowledge sector is through strategic collaboration, both in research and higher education, with leading knowledge powerhouses. Despite several ongoing cooperation, both in national level as well as university level, there are no specific blueprint on how strategic collaboration should be done.
Given the above condition, we are delightful to call for essays to be submitted for the inaugural annual Indonesian Scholars Forum, with the theme “Creating Strategic Collaboration in Research and Higher Education between Indonesia and Other Countries”. The aim of this essay competition is to get fresh ideas from Indonesian scholars on the best way to enhance Indonesian research capacity.
The participants shall address one of the topics below:
- Topic 1: Enhancing Research Capacity through International Research Network
- How can links be fostered between research institutes and universities in Indonesia and abroad?
- What are the roles of universities, research centres, local government, national government and the private sector in enhancing Indonesia’s research capacity?
- Topic 2: Capitalising on Indonesian Students and Researchers Abroad
- How can Indonesian researchers and students, as a part of diaspora community, help to strengthen Indonesia’s research capacity?
- How can Indonesian researchers abroad be engaged in helping research activity in Indonesia?
- Topic 3: Fostering Higher Education Partnerships
- What are the main challenges facing Indonesia’s universities in their bid to be world class?
- What is the best way of making Indonesia’s universities world class?
- Topic 4: Research Collaboration for Policy and Development in Indonesia
- How can research in the areas of policy and development be fostered in Indonesia?
- How to can a research-based policy be developed to enable Indonesian researchers abroad to address the problems faced by Indonesia?
- The deadline for entries is 20 August 2015.
- The results will be announced in late August 2015.
Terms and Conditions
- The essay competition is open to all Indonesian scholars, including undergraduate and graduate students, researchers and academics.
- Entrants must select one of the four topics provided and answer all questions mentioned in that topic.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay. Once submitted, entrants will have no opportunity to revise it. Please check your writing carefully before submitting your essay. Do not forget to write the title of your essay.
- Essays must be written in English or Indonesian.
- Essays must be the entrant’s own work and must not have been published previously elsewhere. Therefore, if using another author’s existing material, please cite appropriately and include a reference list at the end of the essay. Entries will be disqualified if there is any suggestion of plagiarism.
- The word count must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words excluding references.
- Essays must be typed in Times New Roman, 12pt font size, 1.5 line spacing on A4 paper.
- Essays must be in word .doc or .docx format.
- Essays must be submitted through our website before midnight (BST) on 20 August 2015.
- Results will be posted on the website or notified by email.
- All decisions of the judging committee are final and undisputable.
- Do you have a question? Please refer first to our FAQ, or contact isforum<at>isic-tiimi.co.uk with further queries.
- The total prize money is Rp 10,000,000.00.
- The top 15 essays will be compiled into a book to be given to the Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia.
- The best three writers will be invited to the Indonesian Scholars Forum to present their essays.
Submit your essay here.