Indonesia researchers have the potential in playing important role as “science diplomats”. They investigate the country’s urgent matters. They offer alternatives in various fields to promote Indonesia excellence in science and technology.
The Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI) and Newton Fund understand the urgency of enhancing Indonesia’s researchers and academicians’ capacity to foster science diplomacy skills in Indonesia.
LIPI is supported by Newton Fund and British Council proudly present “Workshop on Science Diplomacy: Answering Research Challenge in the Globalization Era”.
The workshop will be held in Jakarta, Wednesday – Friday, 4-6 March 2015.
The workshop will highlight and enrich the knowledge in:
- International Negotiation and Networking Skills,
- Diplomacy in International Research Collaboration Programs,
- Simulation on Bilateral and Multilateral Conferences/Meeting and Diplomacy
The workshop will be led by international speakers; science practitioners which include senior researchers/government officials/academicians from UK, Indonesia and other countries. Senior officials from Ministry of Foreign Affairs are also confirmed to lead sessions. Workshop will be delivered in English.
The residential workshop is free of charge and accommodation during the workshop will be borne by the committee.
- Researchers/lecturers/international officers from universities/research institutions,
- Has working level of English
- Has strong interest in international cooperation or plan to participate in International Science activities,
- Commit to attend all of the workshop’s session and program,
- Each potential participant must submit an abstract under the theme of climate change based on his/her research activities
LIPI and British Council will provide below items for participants:
- Standard Room in Venue/Hotel for 2 nights (Check In : 04/03 and Out : 06/03)
- Transportation Allowance ; Includes flight ticket in economy class for those who lives outside Jakarta , Bogor, Depok and Tangerang, and Bandung
- Meals during workshop : Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Instruction for participants
- Each applicant is required to submit a single-spaced copy of 500-words abstract in English. It is required to use format in Microsoft Word for Windows,
- For consistency, use a 12-point type font and 1” margins all around. Please include a cover page indicating name, title, affiliation, complete postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number of the corresponding authors,
- On the cover page, please also indicate the title of your paper. For submission of your abstract, please send it by e-mail as an attached file to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 9 February 2015 at the latest,
- All abstracts are subject to a blind review process. Abstracts and materials submitted to the organizer will be considered as public domain.
Successful applicants will receive workshop invitation on 16 February 2015 through e-mail.
Kindly contact the workshop’s secretariat:
Mila Kencana / Mafaza
Bureau for Cooperation, Legal and Promotions
Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI)
Jl. Jend. Gatot Subroto kav. 10 Jakarta, 12710
(021) 522-5711 ext 1233/1234