The Jardine Foundation is now open for applications from students who are applying to the selected Colleges at the University of Oxford (Exeter, Oriel, Queen’s and Trinity) and the University of Cambridge (Downing, Magdalene, Peterhouse and Trinity) for the academic year commencing in 2015. Please ensure you read through the eligibility requirements as appropriate before you fill in the form.
Method of Application:
- Applications must be received by the Secretaries of The Jardine Foundation on or before Thursday, 23rd October 2014. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Application forms can be downloaded here or can be obtained by writing to the Secretaries of The Jardine Foundation at G.P.O. Box 70, Hong Kong, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must fill in the application form and submit it together with the following:
- A personal statement describing the applicant’s objectives, aspirations, plans after graduation and particulars of their extra-curricular activities, including sports, and their level of community involvement;
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- A copy of the completed UCAS application form
- Certified copies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates, or of equivalent qualifications subject to the examination system of the relevant country or territory. These include, but not limited to, HKDSE certificates, SPM or STPM certificates, SMP & SMU, STTB and STK certificates.
- For applicants attending secondary school or the equivalent, applications must be submitted through the school principal and be supported by a testimonial signed by the school principal setting out:
- The applicant’s academic record of examination results
- Remarks which will assist the Scholarship Committee in its assessment
- Any other relevant information for the application
- For applicants who have graduated from their secondary school, applications must be submitted, together with references, through the principal of the secondary school, or the equivalent, which the applicant last attended.
- Please send the completed applications with supporting documents listed above direct to corresponding address as listed in the application form.
- Preliminary interviews
While the preliminary evaluation of each application will be based on the details submitted by applicants in writing, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a first interview, and in some cases a second interview, when they will be screened by a pre-selection committee whose decision will be final. For certain local applicants, first interviews will be held in their place of residence:
|Hong Kong||Mid November 2014|
|Singapore, Malaysia||Early / mid-November 2014|
For other applicants*, first interviews will be available in the following regions:
|United Kingdom||Late November or Early December 2014|
|Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia||Early December 2014|
|Hong Kong||Mid-December 2014|
*Applicants who are unable to attend first interviews in their place of residence must specify their preferred place of first interview in the application form. (It also applies to applicants from Hong Kong, mainland China, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia who are studying abroad.)
- Final Selection
The final selection will require applicants to attend a personal interview conducted by the Scholarship Committee before 5th January 2015 in Hong Kong. Applicants who have not been invited for an interview before that date should consider the application unsuccessful. Applicants who cannot attend the final interview in Hong Kong will not be considered. Decisions by the Scholarship Commitee are final.
The form can be downloaded here.