Indonesian Homestay Program (IHP) is a program for international students of foreign learners who are interested in learning Bahasa Indonesia, practicing Javanese Culture, and living at the local community families.
The objectives of this project are;
- To enrich knowledge and skills on cultural exchange between a local individual family and visiting foreign people who come to live as a ‘member’ of a family.
- To give the opportunities for foreign people to visit, to observe, to get involved and to learn about natural, social and cultural heritage of East Java.
- To learn in Bahasa Indonesia and uppgrade communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia.
The Applicants are categorized into two groups;
- Institutional Applicants.
- One group consitis of at least 10 persons.
- The applicants are coordinated by University/International Relations Office/faculty/Department/Unit/etc. of the home country
- Individual Applicats.
- The applicants can apply by themselves as individual applicants.
- the participants of individual applicants are limited 10 persons. if they have been full, the applicants will be suggested to the following period.
The requirements are;
- Copy of passport
- Recommendation letter (from University/International Relations Office/faculty//Department/Unit/etc. of the home country)
- Sending the application form (The application form can be downloaded here)
- It is highly recommed to have an international health insurance.
The fee is 500 USD. The participants will get:
- Tuition fees
- Three times of traditional Meals during the program
- Course materials
- Outdoor and indoor classroom
- UMM Dormitory (one room for 3 persons)
- Field trip;Bromo Mountain & Rafting
- Bahasa Indonesia fees
- Culture Immersion fees; Learning and practicing Gamelan (Traditional music instruments, Learning and practicing Karawitan (Sing a traditional Javanese song, Learning and practicing Batik, Learning and practicing how to make Topeng (mask), Learning and practicing Topeng Malangan Dance
- Homestay fees
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Village pickup and drop off
- Getting an IRO t-shirt
For more information,please refer to the brochures below.
Detailed of Program